The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D500 • AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR • 1/640 sec. at f/4 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

M

mjr

Afternoon

I wanted something a bit stylised from this mornings wander about, cold and lots of fog, not sure if it works though, may be a bit heavy handed!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Afternoon

I wanted something a bit stylised from this mornings wander about, cold and lots of fog, not sure if it works though, may be a bit heavy handed!
My .02 only: The gradient overlay version is too heavy -- might work if the overlay is dialed back to 10 or 15%. For my tastes the B&W doesn't have enough separation. What about a native color version, perhaps a little desaturated, where the trees might come through with a bit of green behind a gray-blue fog?

M

mjr

Thanks for the comments Jack, I think I agree, there's no grad or anything, there's only a crop, heavy handed was not necessarily about the processing, more with the image as a whole, almost no processing actually beyond increasing the highlights, light was so strong that exposing for the highlights just gave me black everywhere else so I went with it. I will play around with it some more and will either do better or just bin it!

Thanks again.

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.