The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon!

Quick shot from yesterday morning in the forest, just messing about.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
These are from the same 2 rolls of HP5 as I posted from a couple of months ago. I just didn't have time to scan the rest until now. Hit rate film vs. digital? Huge difference!

F6 with Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 and HP5

ptomsu

Workshop Member
These are from the same 2 rolls of HP5 as I posted from a couple of months ago. I just didn't have time to scan the rest until now. Hit rate film vs. digital? Huge difference!
For me scanning film stopped about 8 years ago and I definitely will never get back into this process.

Just too cumbersome for me in times where I can achieve similar or better results by just going digital - not to speak of wasted time ....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
For me scanning film stopped about 8 years ago and I definitely will never get back into this process.

Just too cumbersome for me in times where I can achieve similar or better results by just going digital - not to speak of wasted time ....
Scanning is cumbersome, Peter, and it does take time. However, I'm very surprised how differently I see the world around me using a medium that limits the number of images, a medium that also locks me into one ISO and one kind of colour rendering. There's a lot of truth in the claim that there's a constant number of keepers in each medium, regardless of capacity, be it 12, 36 or 3,600 images.

Remember also that I live in Asia, where time is an unlimited resource. It's only in the west where people think time is a limitation :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Scanning is cumbersome, Peter, and it does take time. However, I'm very surprised how differently I see the world around me using a medium that limits the number of images, a medium that also locks me into one ISO and one kind of colour rendering. There's a lot of truth in the claim that there's a constant number of keepers in each medium, regardless of capacity, be it 12, 36 or 3,600 images.

Remember also that I live in Asia, where time is an unlimited resource. It's only in the west where people think time is a limitation :)
Jorgen,

I need to agree with most what you say!

Albeit my 5 year old daughter will not allow me to take time for scanning over the next ten years I assume, so this is where I am really stuck :D

And then I might be really too old - who knows ....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen,

I need to agree with most what you say!

Albeit my 5 year old daughter will not allow me to take time for scanning over the next ten years I assume, so this is where I am really stuck :D

And then I might be really too old - who knows ....
I have a 4 year old, and when she finally hits the bed, I'm more or less ready for the grave. Why do think it takes so long to get these photos scanned...? :ROTFL:

M

mjr

It's that time of year again here, Jokkmokk Winter Market and reindeer racing!

M

mjr

Evening!

Just made it to Lofoten Islands for a quick break, it's an annoying 9 hour drive from my house but worth it when you get here. Clear skies forecast which worries me as I like it a bit stormy but at least it was clear for a little aurora tonight, not very strong and a bright moon so not very exciting.

JohnBrew

Little surfer girl. I'm guessing she is 13 or 14 years. She was wearing a full wetsuit and plopped herself down in the sand and incoming tide to look for tiny shells washing in. D810, 300/4 w/1.4 tele.

Attachments

M

mjr

First mess about with some new lights that have just arrived, got a friend to model and he bought his e-cigarette, just playing around.

Shashin

It's that time of year again here, Jokkmokk Winter Market and reindeer racing!

Is it true that reindeers and their owners look alike or does everyone in Sweden smile? But it is nice to keep traditions up--leather harnesses, wooden sleds, and side-mounted GoPros.

Status
Not open for further replies.