The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

On the road to Alaska

Greg Seitz

Homer

And now some from Homer Alaska. Homer has absolutely beautiful scenery in all directions. We're camped on the Homer spit which extends about 3 miles into the Cook Inlet.

This first photo shows the Homer spit jutting out into the Inlet on the left side of the shot.

Here are a couple taken by my daughter in Homer.

Last edited:

Greg Seitz

Eagles

I'll wrap up this latest batch of photos with some Eagles. Homer has an amazing Bald Eagle population. I've never seen this many eagles in once place before. This morning I was able to capture a few shots using the 200-400. I love this place!

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy them as much as we've enjoyed taking them. I'll probably be posting in a week or so after we've gone to Denali National Park and hit Fairbanks.

Greg

Last edited:

Greg Seitz

Had to repost all of them to the galleries here since the external links seem to be giving me problems again. Try to refresh if you weren't able to see them previously.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Seitz

Terry - Thanks for your comment. This was one of those look behind you moments. I was shooting into the sun and glanced behind and saw the scene with the boat and realized I'd been shooting in the wrong direction. :ROTFL:

Guy - The trip has been wonderful so far. Alaska is definitly a target rich environment! The only thing that hasn't been fun is paying for the gas to get here.

Greg