The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Shuts Down Sendai

Photojazz

Most of all, it's sad for the people. It's a tragedy of nearly insurmountable proportions given the triple whammy of earthquake, Tsunami, and nuclear accident. Japan has a long road back to life anything like they knew it. Best of luck to them.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>triple whammy of earthquake, Tsunami, and nuclear accident.

and on top an economic crisis. These are really sad developments

PeterB666

Nikon have outsourced their metal lens and body mount production from Sendai to Notion VTEC in Thailand. I would expect that this will be a permanent arrangement.

http://nikonrumors.com/2011/03/19/nikon-moves-body-mount-production-to-notion-vtec.aspx#more-18540

I expect that their next step would be to transfer production of their high-end bodies to elsewhere. It could also be the end of production for the F6 which must sell in miniscule numbers and I would be surprised if they are making money on this camera with tiny production numbers.