The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cherry Blossoms In D.C.

aboudd

The Cherry blossoms are near peak. I worked on this series both Friday and Saturday mornings, when it was 35 degrees around the tidal basin and Memorial bridge. As you can see, I wasn't the only lensman out there.

Lenses used - Nikon 45 2.8P, Nikon 20MM F4, Sigma 150 macro and Zeiss 85MM 1.4 ZF.

Last edited:

D&A

Hi Aboud,

Very nice! I especially like that you didn't focus completely on the traditional views that have become cliche' for this time of year around the tidel basin but presented alternative and creative images too. I've been out there parts of these past 3 days, but unfortunately as usua; I've resorted to and fallen back on the Common scenes and framing as we've all been acustomed to. The past few days weren't too bad weather wise once things warmed up (excluding the early mornings when you were out there...but today (Sunday) was cold. Thanks for posting these.

Dave (D&A)