The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone upgrade their D3 with the new 2.0 firmware?

V

Van

Curious if anyone has upgraded to firmware 2.0 on their D3. Given the problems with the last upgrade I am asking ahead. And if someone did, do they notice any improvements in the WB and AF as purported by Nikon? Thanks.

jonoslack

Curious if anyone has upgraded to firmware 2.0 on their D3. Given the problems with the last upgrade I am asking ahead. And if someone did, do they notice any improvements in the WB and AF as purported by Nikon? Thanks.
HI There
Yes, I've upgraded mine . . . . but:
1. I don't use Auto White Balance
2. I never had problems with the autofocus anyway!

I haven't noticed any nasties though. (FWIW)
:)

V

Van

Thanks guys... I too just upgraded.

You mean you never use Auto WB? Com'on?

V

Van

Hmm, Yes.
this was my 'revelation' thread.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1767:lecture:

I do use Aperture priority AND auto ISO . . . just not auto white balance:)
I remember that. One that I took notice of and in fact, now shoot under specific conditions when I can. However, when I can not ascertain which one is specific for the particular shot, on the fly so to speak, I go AWB. Never did use WB bracketing. Have you?

V

Van

FYI.. upgrade still shows no issues day 3. Cannot really notice improvements in AF that may have been tweaked. Do notice slightly more accurate AWB. :)

S

S.P.

D3 upgrade to version 2.0 .................. status: o.k.

D300 upgrade to version 1.03 .................. status: o.k.