The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Off on vacation starting tomorrow

etrigan63

Taking the family to the Grand Canyon & Sedona via Las Vegas. Hotels have Internet connection so I should have some stuff to upload during the trip. Taking the Nikon D300 & 18-200 VR plus my CV's and my tripod. Hope to get some good stuff!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I looked up "vacation" in the dictionary, but I don't think it applies to anything I'm going to do this year. On the other hand, that was my conclusion when I checked "work" as well :ROTFL:

Should I buy a new dictionary, or change lifestyle :rolleyes:

Anyway, have a nice trip. Grand Canyon sounds nice :thumbup:

etrigan63

"Vacation" is equivalent to the British term "holiday". Be it as it may, I am not going to work for 10 days and am going to relax and enjoy life with my family.

And my camera gear.

jonoslack

"Vacation" is equivalent to the British term "holiday". Be it as it may, I am not going to work for 10 days and am going to relax and enjoy life with my family.

And my camera gear.
HI Carlos
have a wonderful time - we'll eagerly await your results (but don't spend too much of those 10 days on a computer - especially during drinking time!).

Jorgen

Sounds to me that your lifestyle is just about perfect, no Holiday and no Work sounds like my kind of life (especially if some of it entails travelling around south east asia with a camera!).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Carlos you are coming to my part of the world. One word WATER, I am dead seriously make sure the kids and wife drink at least 3 or 4 bottles of water a day or more. You can dehydrate here faster than you will even notice and when you start to feel it than it is already too late. Other than that watch where you walk on hikes, we do have a few rattle snakes. As far as shooting leave the polarizers home we have the bluest skies around. Try to do as much as you can very early in the morning take a break midday than go shoot late in the day. You will be rewarded with some real beauty here shooting at the right time of the day. Have fun and if you run into any issues call me.

etrigan63

Thanks Guy. We did read up on what to do in the Grand Canyon to not become a statistic. I haven't had any internet access till we got to Sedona today. Here are a few from a float trip we took down the Colorado River starting at Lake Powell and going down 15 miles down river.

Terry

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Looks like the first part was a fun one. The first and last shots really do help with the enormous scale and beauty of the southwest.

etrigan63

Thanks gang, we are having a ton of fun. Pink Jeep Tour this afternoon. Who do we ask for at the Javelina Cantina and should we mention your name? ;)

etrigan63

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Looks like the first part was a fun one. The first and last shots really do help with the enormous scale and beauty of the southwest.
Heh, on the last photo, if you look just right of center along the top of the cliff you can see tiny people standing on edge. That is easier to see if you pixel peep the fullsize image.

etrigan63

No problem Guy! Went to Shugrues Hillside instead (wife wasn't up for Mexican food). Here are some shots from today:

Arroyo Roble

Uptown Sedona

Your's Truly @ Shugrues

Western Sedona

Continued next message...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
That's great did you enjoy your meal there. Try to get over to Boynton Canyon. Now if your in for a ride and a old mining town about 30 or 40 miles is Jerome to the south. It is on top of a mountain and just a interesting mining town that turned artist town. Let me know which way you are going from Sedona , may have some spots to tell you along the way. At some point Jack and i want to do a workshop in Sedona and surrounding area's . Also if you still are in Sedona head up to slide rock the kids will love it

etrigan63

We went to Javalina Cantina today which was also very excellent.

Question: Why does the town of Sedona act like every day is Sunday? The place shuts down when the sun sets! Even the Starbucks closes early. The only late night activity is driving to Cottonwood to hit the Wal-Mart!

Anyway here are some from today:

Unnamed Butte at Night

On the road to Oak Creek

Bell Rock

Meditating at Cathedral Rock

PeterA

Beautiful photos! - I have never been to the Grand Canyon, i think I might come over next year around this time.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Great series Carlos, looks like you are having a lot of fun and caught some awesome skies in Sedona!!!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carlos,
You have made some beautiful captures.
Have you checked out nearby Montezuma's Castle ruins?? Also, the town of Jerome is worth a visit.