The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I've totally lost interest, and it's all Nikon's fault

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
don't worry Jorgen. I've been there so many times before. There will soon be something else!
I know, but I really would have liked my cameras to last forever, and the D700 seems to be a camera that I could live with for a long time, forgetting about anything else.

Actually, that was the kind of relationship I had with the OM-1. Once during the late 90ties, a friend lent me an F5, and I didn't have a clue how to use it. AF? Never heard about it :ROTFL:

D

ddk

I know, but I really would have liked my cameras to last forever, and the D700 seems to be a camera that I could live with for a long time, forgetting about anything else.

Actually, that was the kind of relationship I had with the OM-1. Once during the late 90ties, a friend lent me an F5, and I didn't have a clue how to use it. AF? Never heard about it :ROTFL:
Wait till you get your S5 Jorgen! This will be your special relationship in the age of the digital...

By the way, I really like your pictures of Thailand, Vietnam and their people but never had the opportunity to compliment you on them. I don't know how long you've lived in the area but they still have the the idealism and beauty of fresh new eyes, kind of how I saw things in my first few years of living in Thailand. Unfortunately, over the years I grew more cynical and by the time I left my memory of Bangkok is more like the way Mitch sees it; but darker.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Wait till you get your S5 Jorgen! This will be your special relationship in the age of the digital...

By the way, I really like your pictures of Thailand, Vietnam and their people but never had the opportunity to compliment you on them. I don't know how long you've lived in the area but they still have the the idealism and beauty of fresh new eyes, kind of how I saw things in my first few years of living in Thailand. Unfortunately, over the years I grew more cynical and by the time I left my memory of Bangkok is more like the way Mitch sees it; but darker.
Thank you for your kind words, and yes, I look forward to the S5.

I've lived here for seven years. The life here has too many sides to describe, and it's important to remember that somebody who is not born here, can never become an intimate member of this society. Many think they can, but often, they don't even realize that neither thoughts nor language can be translated into our frame of reference. Sometimes words from the two worlds have similar meanings, but they rarely have the same value.

So although there are lots of dark sides to life here, those of us who come from the other side of the globe usually misunderstand the nature of the disaster. The real disaster is mostly hidden to us. And the real pleasures? We don't have a clue.

I've chosen to flow along at an easy pace, and prefer not to worry. I had a meeting with a good, local friend a couple of days ago, discussing some personal matters, and when I told him about my worries and what I would like to do with them, he said: "Jorgen, you're chasing an illusion".

But then, in his view, life is an illusion anyway, and as for life in Thailand, I tend to agree :LOL:

D

ddk

Thank you for your kind words, and yes, I look forward to the S5.

I've lived here for seven years. The life here has too many sides to describe, and it's important to remember that somebody who is not born here, can never become an intimate member of this society. Many think they can, but often, they don't even realize that neither thoughts nor language can be translated into our frame of reference. Sometimes words from the two worlds have similar meanings, but they rarely have the same value.

So although there are lots of dark sides to life here, those of us who come from the other side of the globe usually misunderstand the nature of the disaster. The real disaster is mostly hidden to us. And the real pleasures? We don't have a clue.

I've chosen to flow along at an easy pace, and prefer not to worry. I had a meeting with a good, local friend a couple of days ago, discussing some personal matters, and when I told him about my worries and what I would like to do with them, he said: "Jorgen, you're chasing an illusion".

But then, in his view, life is an illusion anyway, and as for life in Thailand, I tend to agree :LOL:
I lived there for nearly 14 years and was deeply involved in the Thai society, both high and low and saw every facet of life, many adventures but like all good things it had to end...