The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D7000 versus D70s (2011/2005)

RichA

D7000 intro'd this year, D70s, 2005, predecessor D70 introduced Jan
Cost: D7000 $1175.00. D70s $170 used in mint condition. Original
price, about $800.00 I think.

Pushed one stop, fill-lighting used to brighten dark areas. 60%
sharpening, no noise reduction. 50mm Nikon Series E manual lens.
Both RAW.

D70s top strip, D7000 below.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't know about the D70s, but the D70 was $999 at introduction, and that was 2004-dollars. It was an excellent camera for its time, but I can think of a few reasons why I would prefer the D7000, even if the D70s is cheap these days ;)

I still have the Fuji S3 btw. Paid almost $2,000 for it slightly used in 2005. It's still hard to beat when it comes to DR, so if four frames per minutes (RAW, max DR) is enough, I would prefer that to the D70s (and they both have the same pinhead sized viewfinder) :D

RichA

I don't know about the D70s, but the D70 was $999 at introduction, and that was 2004-dollars. It was an excellent camera for its time, but I can think of a few reasons why I would prefer the D7000, even if the D70s is cheap these days ;)

I still have the Fuji S3 btw. Paid almost $2,000 for it slightly used in 2005. It's still hard to beat when it comes to DR, so if four frames per minutes (RAW, max DR) is enough, I would prefer that to the D70s (and they both have the same pinhead sized viewfinder) :D
I had the S5, and I've yet to see any DSLR match its true DR.

L

luznoi

So, what exactly is the purpose of photo strips? Sure, the d7000 must be a better camera, no doubt but IMO it hasn't changed all that much. Now, if you shoot the extremes (high ISO, quick action, or print BIG) then sure, the d7000 would be better but to most family shooters whom print 8x10, there isn't much difference most of the time.

G

GradyPhilpott

Are you asking whether you should upgrade?

If you're happy with the D70, I'd say no.

The technology is always improving and there are more improvements on the way.

It sounds like you're okay with the D70.

RichA

No, I bought the D7000 first, got the D70s on a whim. I was just curious what difference five years between models made.

I

ianbrother

d70s has a larger lcd than d70 right? thats the only difference?