The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Compact Flash Reader for iPad

Udo

Elvis,

thanks for the insights. Sorry to hear that result. I was hoping for such a solution as well, because I don't like the idea of connecting the camera via USB due to camera's battery energy saving in the field (mostly desert).

Best regards,
Udo

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Why couldn't a usb card reader be used with the ipad camera kit rather than connecting the camera. Wouldn't that avoid the battery drain problem?

P

PShizzy

http://lowendmac.com/ed/hatchett/11jh/ipad-card-reader.html

I bought the card reader in here locally (at Walgreens). It cost 15 bucks. But you can buy it cheaper by having it shipped from Walmart.

It works, well. I leave it attached to my USB camera connection kit, and carry it with my gear and my iPad. It's pretty fast in general so I don't need to carry my non-ipad compatible card reader as well as this one just for my mbp.