The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pictures from Cornwall

jonoslack

Hi There
I spent a wet, working week in Cornwall at the end of June.

There were a couple of photo-opportunities though :)

Photographs of West Penwith

any comments or criticisms would be welcome.

Most are taken with the D3, but there are a few E3, GX 100 and M8 pictures slipped in (just to keep you on your toes!).

Knorp

Hi There
I spent a wet, working week in Cornwall at the end of June.

There were a couple of photo-opportunities though :)

Photographs of West Penwith

any comments or criticisms would be welcome.

Most are taken with the D3, but there are a few E3, GX 100 and M8 pictures slipped in (just to keep you on your toes!).
A fine series Jono, thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.:clap:
47 and 50 are somehow my favourites here, love all those lovely shades of blue in the sky and surf.

Terry

Well that was a futile effort. I started making a list of my favorite numbers so I could post the list....problem there was a stretch where I was writing every number down. So here are some of my favorites.....

13, 17, 28, 34, 35, 47, 52

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono,
This is a portfolio to be very proud of. There are too many favorites for me to list them, but my top, top favorite is #99 with the Noctilux.:clap:

Lars

Jonathan,

I always wanted to see Cornwall - now more than ever. Thanks! No excuse not to go anymore, as I'm back in Stockholm not too far away.

As a Saab owner I'd like to point out that the rusty license plate frame on #2 does not belong to the Saab in #1. :D

Seriously, nice simple presentation, beautiful pics (though I have to admit that sometimes I'm more interested in what lens was used rather than camera). #36 really caught my eye - footprints always add a time element to an image.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful. I would put any of them up on the wall :)

Been through a second time. Those from and around the beach, all of them, are exceptional.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hi There
thank you everyone for looking.

Bart
Interesting that you liked 47 & 50 - in both cases the camera got wet! I did a lot of surfing, and waves are a favorite for me.

Terry - thank you . . . I'm afraid that if you go to Pedney, you really should be able to get some okay pictures, it really is a fabulous place. Mind you, for New Yorkers planning to visit, the dress code is . . .erm . . .informal!

Cindy - thank you. That last shot was taken from the balcony at the restaurant . . . it's my VERY favorite resaurant. The food is always wonderful, and the excellent wine is always in blue plastic beach buckets filled with ice!

Lars
You must go - no excuse, and as a Scandinavian you wouldn't have a problem with the dress code!
As for the Saab - Emma's has just been taken to bits and had a complete rebuild and respray - it's one of the last 2 900 turbo S convertibles delivered in the UK in 1994 (we've had it since 1998). Certainly a thing of beauty and wonder, and the exhaust sound still fills my heart with glee!
I've had 11 Saab 900 convertibles in a row . . . although I've turned traitor and bought a 2 seater now the children are a little older.

Jorgen
Thank you . . . but if you can't take good pictures of that beach, then it really is time to give up! (The only problem is getting the camera down the cliff).

Ed
Thank you for looking - I hope you enjoyed them.

Thanks again everyone for spending time. . . . there should be less, and I've spent a month deleting them here and there, but I just couldn't seem to get rid of any more.