The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vacation Albums are up!

etrigan63

OK troops, my Vacation albums are up on Flickr for your enjoyment. I have teased you with some shots but now they are all in place.

Links:
Las Vegas Album
Grand Canyon Album
Sedona Album

I have everything from stitched panoramas to HDR images to B&W shots.

Here are some highlights:

As always C&C is welcome and please leave comments in the Flickr albums as well.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow.
I mean, WOW.
Especially the landscape in the middle, it's surreal, some kind of HDR ?
/Steen

jonoslack

Well, I'd like to comment and to criticise.
The photos look wonderful - not always keen on HDR, but otherwise great - congratulations.

But why oh why show them on Flickr - they look horrid with the white background and all that different coloured writing - and if you expand them you then have to go back and forth.

When there are sites like Zenfolio with wonderful presentation, I just find it hard to understand why everyone seems to be using Flickr?

Or am I missing some configuration thing? Or is it just me?

etrigan63

Steen: Yes, that particular shot is HDR. I have a couple or three of them in the set. The Canyon is quite breathtaking. Photos cannot convey the immensity of the place. In that photo you can see a sub-canyon in the bottom of the greater one. That sub-canyon is deeper than the Empire State Building is tall!

Jono: I chose Flickr as it provides a mechanism for critiquing built-in that Zenfolio lacks. Yes, the colors & layout are not optimal but I get a level of social interaction there that is not available on ZF and Smugmug wants too much money.

etrigan63

Jono, are you using Firefox on your system? If so, check out Piclens (http://www.piclens.com) a very cool free extension that works with a bunch of different galleries to make image viewing a consistent experience. I love the "3D image/video wall" interface.