The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D3s Low Light Fast Action Capture Image

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Tough shot at 1.4 manual focus...looks like he is running....

Glad the camera seems to be working well for you.

Regards,

Bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I just picked up the ZF.2 35/1.4 myself - from my early experience I have to say that you did very well to get this level of focus! Fabulous lens but boy is it tough to focus at times!

I miss my D3s ... The D700 I'm using these days is excellent but there's something special about the low light performance of the D3s.

Let's see some more pics from that combo! Kudos so far.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well, you probably could shoot this with a Phase One back in sensor+ high ISO (1600 or 3200) and using an 80/1.9 for the shallow DoF / speed. However, I'd put my money on the D3s/ZF combo ...

lowep

Horses for courses: you could also conceivably also shoot this with a MFDB on a digital view camera for superior tonal range and more details in the shadows and highlights etc - but to do that you would have to be crazy enough to repeat the same shot a thousand times before you luck out with getting the focus within ballpark range that can be done much easier with the D3s's autofocus system that is faster and more accurate than any MFDB particularly in low light

- unless of course this shot was done with manual focus that jabs my argument in the eye

:poke: