The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D700 settings

mwalker

Subscriber Member
My D700 arrived today what are you guys using for settings? I gather from some of the threads WB is to be set at daylight outdoors and auto indoors, what about AF settings? Auto ISO? Others? Thanks in advance!

Terry

Mike, I use the auto ISO at pretty much the full range. I set the base to 200 max to 6400. Then what I do change around is my minimum shutter speed. For instance when I was shooting with the little 40mm lens I set it at about 1/60 but with the or moving subjects 180mm I will bump it up. I don't always leave it on Auto (like early morning work on a tripod)

I am still very far from expert at the AF settings and will take a pass knowing I have room for improvement.

On WB I think the determination was daylight and tungsten and skip auto all together.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thanks Terry and Jlm....man I've been shooting with the M8 to long this thing is like a brick..I can only imagine what the D3 is like......and all the buttons :)
It's a bit intimidating for a country boy.