The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina what will Nikon announce now

Terry

Geotagging

GPS unit

Along with the D90 Nikon also announced a very neat little GPS unit, the GP-1. We don't have a lot of information on it at the moment except that it sits on the hot shoe and attaches to the same port as the new MC-DC2 Remote cord (it would appear that the D90 isn't compatible with the D80's MC-DC1 remote cord). From what we understand the GP-1 will be compatible with all Nikon's most recent SLRs (the D3, D300, D700, D2x, D2hs & D200) but are awaiting confirmation on this. It's worth noting that the GP-1 (which provides geotagging information in the EXIF data) doesn't use the standard 9-pin D Sub connector for GPS, nor does the D90 have Nikon's 10 pin data port.

jonoslack

HI There
Announcement on 27th August
D90 announced

there's lots of talk of revamped primes - so maybe one or two.

also talk of new quality mid range zoom - I'd be surprised but overjoyed

that's it - 24mp camera coming later - it looks like Sony have gone a little 'off the boil' with their camera too (which probably reduces the urgency for Nikon), so I expect nothing - perhaps until November, probably in January.
:thumbdown:
Even more depressing than I thought - I did reckon they might at least announce 1 new prime:(

Still, nice to know that they're still producing new DX lenses.