The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D800 pre-orders

jonoslack

HI Guy
I think Bob's ordered two - as you're his boss around here I'm sure that you'll be able to lever one out of his hands.
(sorry to shop you Bob).

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Guy,

I know it will not help you in the US - but IO ordered a D800E from my local dealer "Foto Soyka here in Vienna."

Should arrive early April this year.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Guy, have you kept a few pieces of Nikon glass? I got the impression that you were IQ160 for pretty much everything these days. Cheers

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy, have you kept a few pieces of Nikon glass? I got the impression that you were IQ160 for pretty much everything these days. Cheers
Tech cam on my 160 and need Nikon for the other work. LoL

Just getting the D800 and several lenses for now. Selling my A77 kit love the files hate the EVF just can't get used to it.

FredBGG

Not Available
You fellas are pretty brave pre ordering a new product without trying it out.....
What makes you guys want to buy this camera blind?

Just curious... I've never understood the pre order thing.

Now don't get me wrong... I'm an early adopter of new things... was the first to buy a Fuji gx680, but only after a studio demo...

I have not seen any sample images from the D800 that blow me away...

pophoto

You fellas are pretty brave pre ordering a new product without trying it out.....
What makes you guys want to buy this camera blind?

Just curious... I've never understood the pre order thing.

Now don't get me wrong... I'm an early adopter of new things... was the first to buy a Fuji gx680, but only after a studio demo...

I have not seen any sample images from the D800 that blow me away...
When the D700 and 5D Mark 2 were released, I certainly didn't see anything that blew me away, however, both new replacements have enough improvements for upgrades for me personally. I also don't believe there is a perfect camera, just for different needs, and I certainly belong to the DSLR cabin with my glass being that way.

MMPhoto

I will get the d800e from my dealer. I wont get the first ones just to make sure that their is no problems.

Just can't wait to see it under control lighting (studio flash)

MMPhoto

I will get the d800e from my dealer. I wont get the first ones just to make sure that their is no problems.

Just can't wait to see it under control lighting (studio flash)

just4fun

I ordered 2 regular D800 at 1st hour of announcement
Intend to keep 1 and 1 is to ask some d3s users to trade :D
Sonny

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I may be looking for one. I got my order in very late than decided to make a big switch up of gear . Now it's a need. I'll probably wind up with both models at some point.

etrigan63

I have to see about unloading a bunch of server gear to fund a D800E + MB-D12 + EN-EL18 batteries. Once I do that, I can get myself on someone's list.