The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Updated deliver status D800/D800E/D4

Yesterday salesman at B+H said they were expecting the d800 any day, but he wasn't sure about the size of their allocation or how long it would take to ship them out. He had heard they had 7000 pre-orders.

etrigan63

I should be getting the order placed for a review sample of the D800 from Adorama very shortly (like later today, I hope). Maybe once I get it, my wife will let me find a way get a keeper after I wow her with the images...

vjbelle

There is a small Nikon dealer in Memphis that I happened to visit and he actually had an 800 in the back room for a customer...... so they are being delivered.

Victor

vjbelle

Guy,

As I know you will please report as soon as possible your experiences..... likes and dislikes.

Victor

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I have to buy a lottery. Lucky me! I've got the D800!!!!!
Thanks to a customer at Mike Camera who told me to run to BestBuy as this is the last one out of 4.
The problem is I have no Nikon lens to use with it.

Pramote

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I snagged a D800 today at Best-Buy. I guess I need to try and find some lenses tomorrow!

I snagged a D800 today at Best-Buy. I guess I need to try and find some lenses tomorrow!
Amazing! I thought the world would be sold out for months.

Please get your hands on some lenses!

I put in an order yesterday for both a d800 and a d800E.

This felts strange, since I cannot afford either camera. But my assumption is that when Amazon is caught up on their backorders and can ship, I will be ready to buy one of them, and will have gotten enough feedback to pick one and cancel the other.

The joke will be on me if $6300 worth of camera shows up on my stoop next week.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Seriously. I strolled into my local Best Buy at 3:30 in the afternoon. The manager told me they didn't get any, but he could sell me one from another store, and he knew a store 30 miles away that got 8 of them. So I had him ring me up and took a drive -- in the bay area at rush hour, but I took it anyway :ROTFL:

PS: When I got to the other store to pick it up, the manager in that store asked what the big deal was -- she could not believe there was so much interest in such an expensive camera!

PPS: Manager from first store told me that they sell more camera equipment that any there store in the bay area, but that new items are distributed to stores based on total sales volume, and this particular store is low on that. So the reality is, the one store where they had two salesmen that knew photo product and understood exactly what it was, didn't get a single D800 to sell directly, but probably sold the majority of them for other stores in the surrounds.

tashley

Subscriber Member
:Hey Jack,

When it arrives and you fist load up the files, hit the shadows slider and make sure there's a chair nearby....

:D

bensonga

yep, shipped thurs, unless your dealer was on vacation :)
:confused:

My local dealer (and a good friend) was not on vacation, but he has not been notified by Nikon that any D800Es have actually been shipped to them yet. I'm second on the list here in Anchorage and hoping a camera shows up here this week, despite the lack of notification from Nikon. There are no NPS members with orders for a D800E at my local dealer.

Gary
patiently waiting......

Tim Ernst

My E just arrived at my local dealer and I'll pick it up on the way out of town for a short trip so they are being delivered (NPS order)...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great news Tim . Have fun and you better post some images or I'm coming to steal it from ya. LOL

That's a order my friend. ROTFLMAO

Just kidding go have fun.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Tim, I am certain you will hate it. Send it to me and I'll confirm it's all working properly first.