The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Updated deliver status D800/D800E/D4

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thought this would be a useful thread as a lot of us are buying in on these new models to keep folks updated on shipping progress and from what retailers. I'm sure many have preorders and such and this may just help kill the agonizing time till Fedx shows up at your door. I know I have ZERO patience waiting for gear. Lol

routlaw

Odd though I can't get the newest version of ACR 6.6 to work with the raw files. On Adobes website they state it works for the D4, but my version does not recognize the files. Can't get the wireless transmitter utility to work on my Mac Pro either, though it does work on the MBP. Early stage hiccups.

rob

Steve Fines

Lots of folks reporting their D4's arriving, but I haven't seen any reports yet of a D800 ready to be picked up from the dealer.

I guess the real way to know D800's are shipping is when one shows up on eBay. First D4's are already there.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Makes sense since the D4 was announced about a month prior to the D800. If the D4's are arriving, I would guess you will see people getting thei D800's in the next couple of weeks.

fultonpics

with the d4 i got the standard 'it's shipping email' from NPS, then i got a personal one from the NPS manager in charge of the early delivery program. so my guess is the D800 will be same--emails first a day or two before arriving.

btw, associate was doing a job for a major retail chain this week and lots of issues with moire with canon 5d mkii. hope d800 is better

routlaw

with the d4 i got the standard 'it's shipping email' from NPS, then i got a personal one from the NPS manager in charge of the early delivery program. so my guess is the D800 will be same--emails first a day or two before arriving.

btw, associate was doing a job for a major retail chain this week and lots of issues with moire with canon 5d mkii. hope d800 is better
Same thing here on my delivery, D4 arrived much faster than I had anticipated.

Have lots of garments to shoot next week but early test indicate no moire. Clean as a whistle thus far.

Just posted a few D4 images will show more shortly.

Rob