The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where to get a D800?

Lee Love

Uwe try your local Nikon dealers. Believe it or not they are getting their share of cameras, not necessarily the online camera pushers. I believe Nikon is making a concerted effort to support their brick and mortar dealers.

I keep trying to tell people building a relationship with a local dealer makes a difference. I see my friends who buy online to save $20 who are still waiting on a D800 while I was able to buy one locally.

The problem right now is Nikon is closed for inventory so no one will be getting any Nikon gear until after April 1st.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I went brick and mortar also with Camera West one our supporters here at GetDPI. Great folks too

sflxn

I have a strong feeling I made a mistake preordering the E version. Preordered within hours of announcement. Didn't anticipate how strongly I'd want any version of it once people started posting photos from the non-E models. This is going to be a tortuous wait. I've heard a rumor that Best Buy is getting them so I'll probably be visiting my local Amazon showroom... I mean Best Buy, once a week.

Tim Ernst

Ditto what Lee said. I pre-ordered the E via NPS through my local dealer, then realized I wanted to use the regular version until the Es were shipped, so I bought one at my same local dealer (Bedfords in Arkansas) the first day they got them (so I'll have a used d800 for sale sometime in April!). It is true that often the local guys can get stuff the big guys can't get right away. Another case in point - Bedfords got me one of the new Canon Pixma Pro printers when none of the big online stores had any yet (in fact Bedfords still has a couple I think and you can order via their online store). Since I pay the same price no matter where the equipment comes from I much prefer to deal local. Lots of Best Buy stores did get limited quantities the first day but was probably the last place folks looked for them - until the word got out via online posts.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Ditto for using local shop. Two for me are Fotocare in New York and Neptune in Garden City. You might pay a few dollars more But it is worth it to be able to get stuff that is in short supply, or to return something. Plus, these guys are very knowledgeable and just as interested in steering you right as in making the sale.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
do you have bought in Robertscamera (online)? reference of this site to buy online? thanks.
Roberts camera is a large brick and motor store with an on line business. They are one of my preferred sources for Nikon gear . I got my D800E through them but they had a back log of 80 on order just a few weeks ago.

Roberts camera is a large brick and motor store with an on line business. They are one of my preferred sources for Nikon gear . I got my D800E through them but they had a back log of 80 on order just a few weeks ago.
HI Roger I'm taking my chances with Robertscamera too. DO they call you before charging the credit card? Email or call? Thanks..

kuau

Workshop Member
I'm still waiting for my D800/E ordered from amazon on 2/7 still no eat.
I end up buying a D800 for 3300 off Fred Miranda , the camera was purchased forest buy.

Oh well, the wait continues for the /E

Hi,
Roberts camera based out of Indy is highly reputable. I have bought tons of gear from them over the years. Jody Grober heads up their pro sales dept. they are great.

Mr.Gale

I just ordered a D800E from Best Buy and received an email from them that shows an estimated pick-up (at store) date of June 6th.

Mr.Gale

R

richard.L

get em while they're HOT ... the delivery dates are 3rd --- 9th

and you can see them disappear for visibility... put your zip in and as you check stores, so does someone else. this is the "held" units from the first shipment, not the famous "lost" second shipment.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Beat me too it. Thanks Josh for posting. I am feeling credit card heat going on around the country. Burn'em