The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where to get a D800?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm okay . Was thinking about a E but I may wait till Photokinia I have a D800 and a D7000 also. I'll get my Zeiss 18 first , than set on glass for now.

T

traylorc

Which BB store. I'm in Phoenix
The Paradise Valley location, right across from Paradise Valley Mall.

For a brief second, Best Buy had these available to order via their website. To be honest, I was at work when I was surfing the internet during lunch and went to the Best Buy website. I checked for the D800, saw it was available, logged into my Best Buy account, and put it in my shopping cart. I was about to place the order when my boss called, and suddenly I had a number of projects that needed to be completed immediately.

I forgot to place the order...and I was so busy for the next 3-4 days I simply had not time to think about the D800. When I finally remembered, I went back to the Best Buy website and once again checked for the D800. But now it was unavailable to order online. Obviously I was disappointed, but then I looked up and saw "1 item" in my shopping cart. Lo and behold, the D800 was still there. I figured...what the heck place the order and see what happens. Well the order went through, and the camera is suppose to be available for pick up tomorrow.

On a side note, I know a few people who have walked into Best Buy and were able to place their order for a D800. The camera generally showed up 5-10 business days later.

kuau

Workshop Member
With all this talk about the /E, and how hard they are to come by, again after seeing all the comparisons between both versions, do we (I) really even need an /E???
I guess I am falling victim to the "something I really want" but I can't get one is the real reason I want one.....

kuau

Workshop Member
I got an email to from amazon but my delivery date is July 5th, but in the mean time, I got one today paid a little more for it, about $175.00 more then if I purchased on from my local dealer which is a 7 hour drive for me considering having to pay 8% sales tax.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Well, I got an original delivery estimate of June 27-July 17 a few days ago, so I suspect the estimates are very conservative. Better to ship early than keep adding delays even if the final ship date is the same.

T

traylorc

I picked up my D800 from Best Buy a couple of days ago. Looking forward to going to the Zoo this weekend and testing out my new toy. :D

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Whats up .. I ordered in the first 15 minutes on 2/7 at 12 30am EST ...Amazon said arrival tomorrow 6/9 and BH hasn t given me a date . But nothing shipped today .

Got one thru a friend NPS last month but waiting for the 2nd body .

Go Roberts Camera in Indianapolis. No shipping charges and their constantly getting some bodies. I just got a second body on friday. Shipping Monday.

kuau

Workshop Member
Roberts for sure is a good place to go.
I got my D800/E from someone who got it from Roberts,
3299 no tax and 2nd day shipping all included.
Of course I paid more... Oh well...

waynelake

Mine, non-E is arriving this Monday. Thats 3 weeks wait from when I paid the $500 deposit. Got it from a smaller place in Christchurch New Zealand, here, Paul's Camera Shop Theres plenty bigger and much more well known places... just glad its posted now...