The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Price increase UK for D4 and D800 ?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Quote from the Nikon message:

"Nikon UK has also confirmed to us that this price rise will only affect customers in the UK and Irish markets - other regions are not affected."

:confused: how does this make sense if the European Union (EU) is one big market without any Customs and Import Duties ?

I mean, English and Irish customers can just buy their new Nikon DSLR from other EU countries and stay covered by a European Nikon Warranty, or what am I missing ?

Knorp

Perhaps someone down the ladder woke up and all of a sudden realized that: £ ≠ € ... :facesmack:

:chug:

GRW

I have to say I'm never against companies making good profits. It funds investors pockets yes but those same investors pay for large chunks of R&D upfront that help develop our lovely equipment

What I can't stand is these business platforms that try to cover things up . Knorp I'm with you someone can't use a calculator and an exchange rate. Unless they know something we don't about future exchange rates with Japan and Europe!