I realize that for many the D800(E) is more than an evolutional step.
It seems to make MF-shooters to buy back (additionally) into a DSLR system, and others say it is the first DSLR which can do what they need.
I am trying to resist so far, but owning many Nikon lenses I still wonder what to expect from the D800(E)
So what makes this camera so different from lets say a D3x or an A900?
1) 36MP? Is it really that 24MP was not enough and 36MP what many need?
2) the "E"? Is this the first DSLR which does not have that typical AA-filtered look which often lacks slightly micro detail?
3) Dynamic Range improvement? (the D3x wasnt bad in regards to DR)
4) price - it is like a small D3x for half the money and even more MP?
5) color - is the D800 improvement or a clear step forward vs a D3x or a D3s?
Personally things that interest me most are micro detail and color.
Please dont answer "all of the above". Please share in which area you find the D800(E) to be more than an evolutionary step.