The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A gallery of D800 shots

Dan Bellyk

Active D works only in JPEG and I only shoot RAW... But from what I am seeing, as long as you don't clip to the right, you can be your own active D! There's so much info in the files that you can pull details out like rabbits from a hat!
Active D Lighting does work with RAW

Dan Bellyk

Oh, ok, thanks! I'll look it up. I'm so used to those cameras where it's a just a JPEG thing that a misread the manual!
Very limited info on it as I tried searching last night :banghead:

Can't wait till you get the 800e and post some more photos, nice work!

Dan

tjv

As far as I understand Active D-Lighting works in RAW +ONLY+ if using NX2 to convert them. If you're editing in anything else you'll just end up with underexposed shots.

BSEH

By the way I love your Kastrup shots... That place would really work as part of a long run series I have been doing. I used to spend a lot of time in Denmark, I love it! I might have to return...
Hi

Thanks..

Yes, I saw a picture from Denmark in your gallery. (poster - dickhead) :)

The Sea Baht in Kastrup is a interessat thing, and all the rebuilt beach next door, has a number of interesting buildings and facilities which are photographically exciting.

So if you come to Denmark / Copenhagen and need Practical help, just give me at call, and I'll be there.. :)

ustein

Contributing Editor
>The Sea Baht in Kastrup is a interessat thing, and all the rebuilt beach next door, has a number of interesting buildings and facilities which are photographically exciting.

Send me a ticket (from California) and I will be there :). Love these bath houses.

BSEH

>The Sea Baht in Kastrup is a interessat thing, and all the rebuilt beach next door, has a number of interesting buildings and facilities which are photographically exciting.

Send me a ticket (from California) and I will be there :). Love these bath houses.
Sure...:D I'll send ticket and money for a D800E and you bring - deal :cool: