The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Pictures from Dubai and Russia

deepdiver

Just came back from 10 days holidays!! ^.^

Had a lot of fun at Russia and Dubai. (even thought the different of the temperature was very high, I still enjoy it. It was around 3-7c at Russia Vs. 35-40c at Dubai)
Some pictures to share :)

Nikon D700 + Zeiss 50/1.4

Local Dancer at Russia
Nikon D3 + 14-24 + SB 900

Mc Donnald ?:D
Nikon D700 + Zeiss 50/1.4

Inside a church at Russia
Nikon D3 + 14-24

Desert at Dubai
Nikon D3 + 14-24

Andree

O

Oxide Blu

Great pix! Thanks for sharing them. I hope to get to Russia, St Petersberg. I want to see the re-built amber room. And I love the pix of McDonalds signs in diff languages. :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow, Andree, Russia and Dubai in just ten days, you don't waste your time.
I think maybe my favourites here will especially be the church and the lone camel.
And the dancer, by the way, and also ... .-)
Nice series !
/Steen

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Andree, Nice shots...on the dancer picture, forgive my ignorance, what is a SB 900? Thanks

Lisa

WOW! Fantastic photos, especially the Russian ones (in my opinion, anyway). I am envious. ;-)

That's an unusual view of St. Basil's, but it really works well.

How was Russian for traveling in? Any problems? Is it pleasant, or difficult for a tourist on their own? (Or were you on a tour?)

Lisa

deepdiver

Hi Oxy :thx, and yes, I love to see that sign in difference language :D

Hi Steen: Yes, the trip was very short T___T I wish i can spend more time at Russia hahahaa. Can't do much about it, cause i only have 10 days of holday :)
As for Dubai, I don't think I will go back to Dubai soon. Not at least for 3-4 years. There are so many new building on construction (including Universal Studio, which should be completed on 2010)

Hi Mwalker : yes, It's SB 900, bouncing to the sealing, set the flash into Slow/rear mode

Hi Lisa : thx :) Yes, i was trying to capture st. basil at difference angle :p
IMHO, it's really hard to travel in Russia alone (without using a local travel agent) I was on Tour, so they already arranged everything. Russian do not speak english... I having a lot of problems when I want to buy something or to ask something with local people >_<
hard hardddd

Hi Jorgen : thx youuu :)