The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vintage lens on D800

BSEH

Hello

I'll try with a humble contribution to these excellent pages with a little test a few vintage lenses.

My D800 is in backorder, so it's only thanks to Steen from this forum, I have had the opportunity to test and play around with the D800 - thanks to Steen for his generous approach to a colleague in need.

All images are shot RAW, opened in Camera Raw 6.7, lens correction, standard camera, RAW presharpen - no other PP.

First The Zeiss Contax 28mm 2.8 at f/5.6

and at 100% crop of same picture

Last edited:

BSEH

Nikkor 14 mm 2.8D, expensive and forgotten lens, and really not doing the work.

sweetspot is ..hmm what you guys think ?

tashley

Subscriber Member
The Contax Zeiss glass looks pretty good but the old Nikon is just giving plain weird results!

Thanks for sharing mate... I just fitted a Leitax to my 50mm summicron R and am looking forward to giving it a proper workout soon...

BSEH

The Contax Zeiss glass looks pretty good but the old Nikon is just giving plain weird results!

Thanks for sharing mate... I just fitted a Leitax to my 50mm summicron R and am looking forward to giving it a proper workout soon...
Love the look of Zeiss and Leica -:)

Look forward to se your Leica..