The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suggestions for a best possible 100-135mm lens for aerials?

ustein

Contributing Editor
Suggestions for a best possible 100-135mm lens for aerials?

- Used at infinity
- f/4-f/6.3
- not too long

Any ideas?

Candidates:

- I own the 105mm Micro VR and plan to test it. But some also claim it to be not that strong at infinity.
- 100 ZF Zeiss
- 105mm DC?
- 135mm DC?

The 70-200mm VRII maybe ok but is too long for my usage:

Camera and lens need to stay in the cabin.

I also used the NEX-7 and Zeiss 85mm f/4. Great lens but the NEX-7 shows more noise at low ISO than the D800.

D&A

Hi Uwe,

Although some of the excellent lenses you mentioned might perform admirably in aerial shooting, a strong suggestion of mine would be the current Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro Lens. Simply outstanding, even wide open and by f4.5 is exceptionally sharp across the entire frame. It's resolving power is up there with the best of them and it also incorporates image stabiliztaion, which may be of addtional use for your endevor. It's a lens in my opinion that should not be overlooked.

Dave (D&A)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Uwe,

When we next get together to shoot, I'll let you test my 105DC. I find it to be outstanding even wide open.