The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D800 Firmware updates ( wish list)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thought this would be a good idea on getting some ideas in on first firmware updates on the D800/E

One

MUP with option to set delay to 2,3,4,5 sec.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Nikon D800 Firmware updates

Well there kind of is that already: Exposure delay mode... but it only goes to 1, 2 or 3 seconds. To which I'd like them to add 5 7 and 10...

I'd also like them to fix the non-CPU lens issues whereby neither metering nor Auto ISO setting seem to receive the focal length.

And...

Hmmmm. Not too much really. A few things come to mind and I'll mull and post later.

Guy Mancuso

Yes but it's a menu thing . Nice you set it and when you do MUP it just delays 3 seconds but more important when you get out of MUP into normal shooting mode you don't need to go into menu to turn the delay off. So a separate option just for MUP.

Dan Bellyk

nice if there was a custom function one button select to get the vertical horizon to display on the back LCD instead of going into the menu.

tjv

I'd quite like a custom function that teleports a camera to me without paying for it.

tashley

Subscriber Member

nice if there was a custom function one button select to get the vertical horizon to display on the back LCD instead of going into the menu.
Press the Info button whilst in LV mode or the DOF preview button whilst looking through the viewfinder...

tashley

Subscriber Member

I'd quite like a custom function that teleports a camera to me without paying for it.
It's already there: press the Menu button and the shutter release simultaneously on any DLSR then wait for really a very long time...

Dan Bellyk

Press the Info button whilst in LV mode or the DOF preview button whilst looking through the viewfinder...
Thanks but I was thinking without Liveview, when shooting at night I find Liveview does not work the best in certain situations especially trying to focus manually. When you zoom in in the dark the display sucks :scry:

Dan

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

I wouldnt know about firmware updates..... Im still waiting on my camera.. Going on 8 weeks now, and according to B&H, no timetable as to when it might come in. :cry:

Dan Bellyk

I got an email last week from Nikon NPS that I was inline for the "E", hopefully not too long.

Probably a technical pipe dream, but it would be great if the interpolated 100% view in live view could be fixed through firmware.

I'd also like to see useful user presets (like what they did for the d7000)

smhoer

I vote for:
1. Live View at wide open aperture and use the preview button when full depth of field view is needed
2. Bracketing at 2ev increments

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Steen this is all I saw but never know what could be under the hood.

Modifications enabled in this version
When a still image was captured while viewing existing images in playback mode, the monitor turned off, the memory card access lamp glowed steadily, and, in some rare cases, the camera ceased to respond to operations. This issue has been resolved.
When the Wireless Transmitter WT-4 was used with certain settings applied, RAW images were also transferred when Wireless transmitter>Transfer settings>Send file as was set to JPEG only. This issue has been resolved.
A dark shadow sometimes appeared at the bottom edge of images captured with Active D-Lighting set to any option other than Off with Image area set to 5:4 (30x24). This issue has been resolved.
How to*verify your cameras current firmware version