The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to "ungreyout" the inter voltmeter & time-lapse options D800

Paul2660

Having spent a few hours on this, working with a rental D800, both the inter voltmeter and time lapse options are set to "off" but they are also greyed out so I can't go in to turn them on and setup times etc. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you "un" grey out these options?

Thanks
Paul

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Try the two-button reset for Restoring Default Settings

The two buttons with a green dot are these:

the QUAL button at the top left

and the +/- Exposure compensation button at the top right

Hold both buttons down together for more than two seconds.

The control panel turns off briefly while settings are reset.

(Page 193 in the manual).

Vlad

Edit: I have mine set to RAW and I can access the Timelapse option. Not sure what you mean by the inter voltmeter. First time I hear that term.

Edit #2. When there is no CF or SD card in the slot, the option is grey. Plug in a card.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Try to charge a battery to its full power.

Both 'Time-lapse' and 'Interval timer' will require a fully charged battery to ensure that shooting is not interrupted, acc. to p. 207 and 202 in the manual.

Just like if you want to do a 'Lock mirror up for cleaning' - if the battery isn't fully charged, that menu option is also grayed out.

Paul2660

OK, I get the stupid award. :D

I did not have the clock set. Something I was going to do later on. Setting the clock lets you access the settings.

Got a bit ahead of myself.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Paul