The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possibly the most expensive Nikkor for the D800

D&A

Interestingly, a close aquantence of mine has one of the rarer Nikkor fisheyes...the 8mm! Of course nothing as costly as this one but neverless still hugh and a very interesting lens to both look at and shoot with, although I haven't seen or tried it on the D800 (nor have yet determined if there are any issues fitting and using it on that body). Thanks for posting this!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
IIRC, both the 6mm and 8mm fisheyes required a camera body with continuous mirror up capability, which would also infer a mechanical lock up I think.

DDudenbostel

I owned the 8mm 2.8 for quite a number of years and used the 6mm 2.8 several times. IPIX was a company I did work for that had a couple of the 2.8 6mm's. The 2.8 versions of the 6 and 8 mm do not require a mirror up. The early version of the 6mm which I have also shot and the 7.5 and 8mm 5.6 and 8 do require the mirror locked up. I owned an f8 version of the 8mm which required the external VF as did the 7.5 ortho and 8mm f5.6. All were very good lenses.