The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with a Nikon D70

Jolly

:):):)

In times of 36mpixels and D800 some old old old pictures :)

D70 was my first DSLR

this picture with a AI-P 45/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Excellent photos, Jolly. I still use cameras of all kinds of vintages. They all have their personalities and quirks, but they are also all better at capturing the moment than I am.

V

Vivek

My first DSLR too. I have bitter sweet memories. The kit cost me 1600 Euros only for the camera to die a BGLOD. Nikon's denial of the flaw until much later did make an impression.

Here is one shot I made with one D70 that I converted to IR (this died as well).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

I still have two of them. Their Sony CCDs are serving me very well in some important experiments.

The Sony CCD in D70:

A crop (the tiny dots are the microlenses atop each pixel):

Now I have developed means and methods to get rid of the microlenses and the Bayer dyes without doing this sort of damage. Extremely useful.:)

Jolly

My first DSLR too. I have bitter sweet memories. The kit cost me 1600 Euros only for the camera to die a BGLOD. Nikon's denial of the flaw until much later did make an impression.

I still have two of them. Their Sony CCDs are serving me very well in some important experiments.

The Sony CCD in D70:

A crop (the tiny dots are the microlenses atop each pixel):

Now I have developed means and methods to get rid of the microlenses and the Bayer dyes without doing this sort of damage. Extremely useful.:)
Amazing, never noticed it ! :)

My first was a D70 but I had the nice idea to drop it from my backpack ... then it came the D70s which i found superior, a very nice camera.

Then the D200 ... D300 ... D700 and .... X-PRO1 ... lol that's not a Nikon :) as you know

V

Vivek

Amazing, never noticed it ! :)

My first was a D70 but I had the nice idea to drop it from my backpack ... then it came the D70s which i found superior, a very nice camera.

Then the D200 ... D300 ... D700 and .... X-PRO1 ... lol that's not a Nikon :) as you know

The D70 was followed by a D80 (converted to IR and worked very well), several D40x', D200s and a D300 (none of these died on me and were without any factory flaws). The D300 still works. Heavy beast compared to the mirrorless cams. ;)

The D700 was an year too late, thankfully! :angel:

rayyan

Jolly, these are wonderful photographs :thumbs:

6 mp was all it was. But a lovely cam.

Best.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
fun with CCD based Nikons .-)

wonderful CCD images, Jolly, Vivek and Rayyan :thumbup:

I had a D50, does that count ?
of course not much of a D70, but still a CCD sensor :angel:

Nubia, southern Egypt

click for native size ©

© • Nikon D50 • AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm @ 18mm • 1/45 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX