The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 35mm Lens Meets Sinar Medium Format Sensor

PSon

I was going to guess the Sinar M, but didn't
because Thierry told me the Nikon mirror module isn't available anymore.

FYI,
Horseman offered a #3 electronic shutter,
and I've seen others use a Sinar Copal Mechanical behind the lens shutter for unusual adaptations.

Son, what is the cost of a Sinar M?

I'd like to meet you, too, and will attend PhotoPlus Thursday and/or Saturday.
hi Billy,
I will PM you my cell phone so you can have it for contacting me when I am in NY. I will also be there on Thursday and Saturday. Thursday is going to be extremely tight. The Sinar m has to be put together. The shutter is about $6.8K (demo). I can get you the Nikon mirror module without any problem. I am going to build the Leica module so the DMR is not going to be as important to me anymore.

Best Regards,
Son

PSon

Opening in Shutter No. 1 is bigger, but enough?
Billy,
I tried many efforts but with all the time engineering the adapter plate for the Rollei shutter and the result is still not practical. Based on my experiences the Sinar m system is a multi cameras system for me. The beautiful thing about Sinar system is that it is so integrated. The initial cost may looks expensive but the long term really works out well for me. All my Sinar gears are compatible with each other. Another example, the Sinar products including the digital back holds their value very well in the market since it can take almost any system you ant it to take via the adapter. Furthermore, the precision of Sinar adapter is simple the best I have used. I am requesting the Rollei mirror module as well for my Rollei 2.0/110 PQ and 4.5/55 PCS to work on the Sinar m camera. I also like the Hy6 system as well but the Rollei mirror module will give me the final connection of my system.

Best Regards,
Son

Last edited:

BJNY

I didn't even know the existence of a Rollei mirror module :salute:

Can the rear of the "M" accept a Hy6 digital back (with revolving capability),
or maybe even a Leaf AFi-II 10?

PSon

I didn't even know the existence of a Rollei mirror module :salute:

Can the rear of the "M" accept a Hy6 digital back (with revolving capability),
or maybe even a Leaf AFi-II 10?
hi Billy,
The Rollei Mirror module was on the plan but we do not know if it is completed or aborted. In any case, I will ask Sinar if it is completed, in working progress or aborted. I will ask if they can make it though if they stop in the middle of the project.

Since the Sinar m camera is a 645 camera it is not necessary to make the rotating adapter interphase for the digital back. Yes there are adapters for a Sinar m camera. I have the Sinar 54H adapter and in the process of getting the 75LV adapter. The new Leaf AFi-II 10 is in limbo right now as to adapter. We will see more about this digital back in Sinar brand. The good news for Rollei optics shooters is that the new Leaf AFi-II 10 does have an adapter for the Rollei X-Act2 system, which is also a wonderful system.

Best Regards,
Son

BJNY

Wouldn't it be wonderful
if the front portion of the arTec with its [tilt] movement capability
would fit onto the "M".

sinwen

One question for Son and anyone who knows :
Is there a ring to fix Leica R lenses on Nikon bodies ?

Thanks for the reply