The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 dynamic range

S

Shelby Lewis

An unscientific test... ignore any posterization due to 8 bit jpeg processing.

Took this @ ISO 100:

Moved some sliders in Lightroom 4 and got this (8 bit jpeg posterizes slightly):

I continue to be amazed by this sensor in my initial 24 hours with it... VERY similar in response to the Aptus II 6 I owned, but with less (NO!) noise in the shadows at ISO 100.

Cheers!
Shelby

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hmm, not bad AT ALL. :thumbup:

I must admit that the D800 sensor capabilities beyond just resolution have put a cramp in my DF lens purchasing ... much as I like using the IQ back I really don't love the DF and for travel use the D800 sensor is looking very flexible.

S

Shelby Lewis

Tell me about it, Graham... MF-like characteristics (plus) at low ISO and this at ISO 3200. I wish the Ergos were better for my small hands, however. It's not a comfortable camera to hold IMO.