The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D800E and Leica Apo Elmarit R 180mm f2,8 - my new dreamteam

Hello everybody, just would like to share with you my new camera-lens combination I got today. I bought the Leica lens on Ebay, converted it with a Leitax bayonet for my D800E and did some testshots in the afternoon. I have to say that I am very happy with the results, the pictures are all handhold wit F 2,8, just out of Lightroom without any modifications and I made a 100 and 400% crop out of every picture.:):):)

Wolfgang

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
The 180 APO is one of my favorite Leica R lenses. I have been holding out for something from Leica but it may be time to do the Leitax conversion. What I will miss is pairing this lens with the 1.4X APO extender ....spoke with several people about converting the the front mount to a Nikon fitting but no one felt it could be done.

I did this with the 80/1.4 summilux and it worked very well.

CONTAX

Hi Mr. Dunham,
I like to buy your lens if you decided to preserve the lens in the Leica R mount. I will use the lens with the R9.
Thanks