The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any thoughts about the Nikon D3200 here?

Thorkil

(dare not say: today I considered delivering the 800E back because I was annoyed, and then I got this secret thought just to tip-toe back in a dark coat and sunglasses and buy the 3200 + a 10-24 or a 12-24mm and tip-toe out again, and just go with that, nothing more, and don't ever read any enthusiastic websites any more....!) but he would withdraw about 800$ for just a couple of weeks of use. So I decided to give it a chance once more and perhaps get Nikon-Denmark to check my 14-24 instead.
Thorkil

BSEH

(dare not say: today I considered delivering the 800E back because I was annoyed, and then I got this secret thought just to tip-toe back in a dark coat and sunglasses and buy the 3200 + a 10-24 or a 12-24mm and tip-toe out again, and just go with that, nothing more, and don't ever read any enthusiastic websites any more....!) but he would withdraw about 800$ for just a couple of weeks of use. So I decided to give it a chance once more and perhaps get Nikon-Denmark to check my 14-24 instead.
Thorkil
Just send a PP Thorkil ..:)

Hvis du tænker på at sælge så sig til, måske jeg kunne være den glade køber..:)

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Hvis du tænker på at sælge så sig til, måske jeg kunne være den glade køber.

Secret codes are not allowed :)

BSEH

UWe - You from North Germany --you must be abel to read it...lol..

This is the official Google translation

If you are thinking of selling then to, perhaps I could be the happy buyer

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't own it but I've tried it and used the D3100 which feels the same. I like the size, the viewfinder is small, but ok for AF. Graphic interface on the LCD seems designed for non-photographers or other children. I suppose it's possible to switch it off. For some reason, there's something I don't like about the output from that sensor. It's apparently the same as in the NEX 7. Probably only me, and it does deliver great resolution.

Apart from all that, it's a lot of image quality for very little money, and with an 28/50/85mm AF-S trio, or Tokina 11-16 (new version), Nikkor 16-85 and Nikkor or Tamron 70-300, it should be a great travel cam.

Thorkil

Just send a PP Thorkil ..:)

Hvis du tænker på at sælge så sig til, måske jeg kunne være den glade køber..:)
Hi Bseh (?)
Okay, bought it from Photografica, and they would only offer me 20.000 Dkr., and that is a dramatic waste for a camera which have only taken about 600 pics (I'm not that mashine-gun like Guy, with his 8.000 for a session, and not a pro) and just being used for about 3 weeks.
But seriously considered to spare the money for a M10 or just for that 3200 or perhaps the upcoming D600 which should be rather cheap, but if I sold the 14-24 together with my M6 I could perhaps reach the goal of a M10, love the handy M-feeling actually, and people claim that colours are more spot-on than Nikon.
Thorkil
Would be easyer in Danish but I see the point from Uwe.

Last edited:

BSEH

Hi Bseh (?)
Okay, bought it from Photografica, and they would only offer me 20.000 Dkr., and that is a dramatic waste for a camera which have only taken about 600 pics (I'm not that mashine-gun like Guy, with his 8.000 for a session, and not a pro) and just being used for about 3 weeks.
But seriously considered to spare the money for a M10 or just for that 3200 or perhaps the upcoming D600 which should be rather cheap, but if I sold the 14-24 together with my M6 I could perhaps reach the goal of a M10, love the handy M-feeling actually, and people claim that colours are more spot-on than Nikon.
Thorkil
Would be easyer in Danish but I see the point from Uwe.
Im Bent Simon -. and no pro.. Im in line for the D800, but prefer a D800E - but line is long, and rather expensive in Denmark. So a used D800E might be the solution. I understand the money lose is huge on the D800E - but i vill mach the offer if you not that happy about the D800E.

Thorkil

Im Bent Simon -. and no pro.. Im in line for the D800, but prefer a D800E - but line is long, and rather expensive in Denmark. So a used D800E might be the solution. I understand the money lose is huge on the D800E - but i vill mach the offer if you not that happy about the D800E.
:) then you have to raise the offer a bit Bent Simon, to encourage me to sell, but no, I'll keep it, and won't give up that easy, I think, would like to see if I'm able to get the pictures singing just a bit more...but got some bad thoughts that even my Ricoh GXR 28mm pictures looks much better in C1 than the 800E+the 14-24, but there must be something wrong.
Thorkil

BSEH

:) then you have to raise the offer a bit Bent Simon, to encourage me to sell, but no, I'll keep it, and won't give up that easy, I think, would like to see if I'm able to get the pictures singing just a bit more...but got some bad thoughts that even my Ricoh GXR 28mm pictures looks much better in C1 than the 800E+the 14-24, but there must be something wrong.
Thorkil
Is ok Thorkil, you have my full moral support , and i sincerely hope You get it right.. and i feel sure you get it right..

B

baskilon

Re: Nikon D3200 review
I don't own it but I've tried it and used the D3100 which feels the same. I like the size, the viewfinder is small, but ok for AF. Graphic interface on the LCD seems designed for non-photographers or other children. I suppose it's possible to switch it off. For some reason, there's something I don't like about the output from that sensor. It's apparently the same as in the NEX 7. Probably only me, and it does deliver great resolution.

Apart from all that, it's a lot of image quality for very little money, and with an 28/50/85mm AF-S trio, or Tokina 11-16 (new version), Nikkor 16-85 and Nikkor or Tamron 70-300, it should be a great travel cam.
Thank you for this brief review Jorgen! I'm looking to buy this cam soone :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you for this brief review Jorgen! I'm looking to buy this cam soone :)
Be aware of one thing though: It's not a good camera for high ISO photography. In that respect, the D5100 is much better. It might be an idea to consider both options. The D5100 also have the articulated screen which is a very convenient feature.