Here's a tip on using live view to AF tune a lens. The advantage of using LV is that it can be fine tuned for any aperture, which is handy for lenses that exhibit focus shifts.
1. Go to the saved AF tune setting
2. Hit live view
3. Set the aperture to you normal working aperture for that lens
4. Focus the camera using LV
5. Go out of LV
6. Check the AF indicator in the viewfinder.
7. If it shows a dot you're good.
8. If it shows |> you're front focused: press MENU and dial in a few points +.
9. If it shows <| you're back focused: press MENU and dial in a few points -.
10. Press OK and repeat from 6.
11. Now manually test it a bit and many dial in another extra point or two in the same direction as previously.