The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon announces two new Zooms

DavidL

May get me off the m4/3ds fence and back to Nikon, D600 with 24-85 and I do so miss their flash system.
I'm looking for smallish outfit for retirement when I'll just be shooting for Alamy.
David

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Zoom days: D600 and 24-85 + 70-300

Prime days: D600 and 28/50/85mm f/1.8, expandable in either end as needed.

Film days: F6 with any of the above lens combos.

Hopefully, the D600 sensor is an updated version of the excellent one in the D3X. In that case, I may question if I'm going to continue exploring other formats and systems.

Godfrey

Very reasonable price for the 24-85. Now we just have to wait for the D600 to match :)

That D600 body could be a nice mount for my Nikkor macro and fast 50&85 mm lenses complementing the Nikon F, if it has a good quality viewfinder. Since all my lenses but one are manual focus only, internal or in-lens AF support is mostly irrelevant to me. Hmm.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
The 24-85 looks interesting, but I'd like to see some samples... Now, if they could also bring us something like the AF-D 70-210/4-5.6, with VR and updated optics!