The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stitched image mimicking LF

robmac

Quentin/Marc,

Very nicely done... The craftsmanship and intricate stonework/glass detail in the old cathedrals is simply amazing and must be a real challenge for keeping details in the myriad of shadows while avoiding blown highlights

D

DougDolde

Mimickiing 617 maybe? Two frames Aptus 75S, Contax 45mm.

Ben Rubinstein

I've been mimicking 6X12 with a DSLR, pics on the 'Jerusalem Old City' thread in the images section. On LF I found that for the required DOF for a 'normal FOV' I needed f128 by which time I was losing most of the resolution benefits and the shutter speeds were impossible with moving foliage, etc. Then you have to add the film costs, drum scans, etc. With Autopano Pro I get 30 megapixel files from 5-8 frames and a finished file in a couple of hours between stitching and PS work and to be honest I don't even need that good a lens given how much resolution there is, I use F22 a lot and although the diffraction is certainly there, relative to the print size it's a non issue. This image was shot at f22 on a relatively inferior zoom lens and at 32 megapixels has more resolution than is needed for it's maximum print size of 30X15".