The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800/E -how to assign "Non CPU lens No"

gurtch

I figured out how to assign numbers to three old Nikon AI'd lenses, together with max aperature and focal length. I would like to assign the recall function to depth of field preview button (the manual says you can do this), but it does not offer "Choose Non CPU Lens Number" when I access "Assign Preview Button" in the menu. It offers a bunch of other functions , but not what I want. I must be doing something very stupid, but it's driving me nuts!
Thanks in advance
Dave G in NJ

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Sounds like maybe you chose "Preview button press" instead of "Preview + command dials" at the decisive menu step in the setting process ?

Try this:

CUSTOM SETTING MENU >> f Controls >> f5 Assign preview button >> Preview + command dials >> Non-CPU: Choose non-CPU lens number

I just tried it on my D800E and it does actually work.

Now while you press the Preview button you can toggle back and forth between your assigned non-CPU lenses with the rear command dial.

Last edited: