The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800E arrives

In time to shoot a show with my son's band last night. My first impressions are, well, wildly enthusiastic. Holding aside absolute IQ, my first surprise was how well it auto focused in extremely low light. Much better than the D3 I had been using. Then the quality at 6400 ISO is astounding. Details are extremely well preserved as well as adequate tonality. These 2 examples were shot with a 50/1.4D, ISO 6400, F2.8. My main computer is down, so these were basically not processed at all. They were converted in Raw Developer (a favorite of mine) with cropping, white balance adjustment for the intense red lighting on stage, and saved as about 6MP JPGs. No noise reduction (other than the effect of downsizing), no sharpening. Wowser......Peter

In camera auto WB with adjustment made in Raw Developer. There where multiple colored lights from a projection above the band, I did a very quick, actually auto adjustment in Raw Developer.

algrove

I was just thinking that if you could set Tungsten in these situations to like 3200 Kelvin how that would work. Maybe something to try during the next gig for the band. Auto Wb works very well I must say. I am awaiting my 800e.