The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 AF Fine Tune error with Sigma Lens

N

neildon

I am in the process of fine tuning my lenses to the D800 and am having a curious issue.

I started with the Sigma 12-24 DG with no problems. When I next sought to adjust my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 in the AF Fine Tune settings the camera recognized it as the first 12-24 lens with the settings I made for the 12-24. This also happens with the 300 f2.8.

If I delete the 12-24 lens in the Delete Saved Values Dialogue and then put on the 70-200 f2.8, the camera recognizes it correctly.

After adjusting the settings for one Sigma lens, each Sigma lens added after is recognized as the first lens with the settings for that lens. This doesn't happen with the Tamron lenses that I own.

I have the current firmware installed.

Has anyone else run across this issue?

Thanks