The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D600 may not be so "budget" after all

D&A

Roger Wrote>>>"The D700 is closer to what many hoped for ...that was the FM2 digital . Now give me a 24MP sensor with high ISO performance in a D700 like body and thats not far off the mini D4 analogy (except maybe the viewfinder )"<<<

This is the camera many current and previous D700 users were hoping for. A 18-24mp body with high ISO performanceof at least one stop better than the D800 and frame rate of approx 6FPS in a robust D700 type body. It doesn't have to match the D4 for ultimate high ISO perfornace or itsmax frame rate but something thats as much as a standout in capabilities regarding its strengths as was the D800 with regards to resolution and build quality.

There would still be room for a D600 too but aparently the need for this mini D4 is something thats often mentioned.

Dave (D&A)

ramosa

from my perch in the Leica world (with M8 and M6), this sure is budget. i really like how Nikon is making FF DSLRs smaller and smaller (while Leica seems intent on making FF DRFs larger and larger) ... hmmm ... i should probably give this camera a try to see how life is back with a DSLR. i shoot mostly street photography and simply have never really done that with an SLR/DSLR ... that's my only point of hesitation (even though i know some folks do great street work with DSLRs) ...