The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who got a D600?

woodworth

You're right Graham, I am very pleased with it.

On my wish-list was a full-frame camera with high resolution, low weight and affordable price that would serve as a back-up camera and as one for those long day assignment where too much weight becomes an issue. Perfect for scaling a lighting tower to take progress shots on a building site for example.

One criticism: the remote control connection is absent, or perhaps not the same as the D800, so I'll have to get another remote release - which while a small thing is a bit annoying. Otherwise I'm delighted!

The controls are slightly different and that with my gripe about the remote release and the multi-selector zoom button functionality which Graham mentions causes me think that Nikon should consider designing their current range of cameras to work in the same way so that switching from one to another is more fluid. A small point, but perhaps worth mentioning.

I tried the camera out with my 35/2 and found it to be a very pleasing combination. The look and balance of the combination works well for me and whilst the 35/2 is out-performed by the D800, it works quite well with the D600.