The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

AF Micro Adjust software...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks promising. How useful it will be remains to be seen. I know for myself i do a pretty good job of AF tuning my glass. I don't even use lens align to do it. But thats me, I know some folks do have trouble getting this correct any aid that can help is welcome.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I gave up on Tapes when he made the (now disappeared) video demonstrating his Long Ruler product in which he appeared blissfully ignorant of the fact that some lenses have field curvature and that is is therefore not of any practical use to measure focus at one place having targeted focus at another on the same plane... I am using a beta of Reikan Focal for Mac, and though it is buggy, it shows great promise and at least for the single focus point calibration, which is what the tapes product will offer, it gave me the same result with all my glass as hours of messing about by hand...