The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The D800E in Ireland...

vieri

Last summer, I spent a few weeks photographing the wonderful landscapes of Ireland; it's such a beautiful place, full of historical and natural beauty, that I felt privileged to be able to portray it with my photographs. This first instalment features landscapes as devoid as possible of man made stuff & of the intervention of men in general. I am posting a few here, as always there are much more to be find on my blog.

Tech stuff: all photographs have been shot with the D800E and the 24, 35, 50, 85 f1.4 AF-S with the 70-300 AF-S VR when needed, on a Gitzo tripod equipped with the Cube. Singh-Ray filters have been used as well (polarizer, Grad ND & ND) and a SB-910 Speedlight was used as well. RAW developed in Capture NX2 and finished off in PS CS6.

Again, for those daring souls among you, there is much more to be seen on my blog.Thank you for viewing! Best,

Vieri

pophoto

WOW, I dare anyone to leave this page without further visiting your Blog for more stunning images. How delicious, yum! :)

Tranquility Ireland is my personal favorite, I hate saying something like this when they are all so stunning, but this one I can see myself getting lost in my dreams all night, or day!

vieri

Masterful - Kudos. I am jealous!
Thank you Tim, very much appreciated indeed. Ireland is really inspiring, I suppose I must blame it on that... ;)

Excellent as usual, Vieri :thumbs:
Thank you Jorgen! :D

WOW, I dare anyone to leave this page without further visiting your Blog for more stunning images. How delicious, yum! :)

Tranquility Ireland is my personal favorite, I hate saying something like this when they are all so stunning, but this one I can see myself getting lost in my dreams all night, or day!
Thank you Po-Ming for taking the time and visiting my blog as well, I am glad you enjoyed the pics and the Tranquillity... :D

Thank you Magic!

vieri

The wonders of megalithic Ireland (D800E images!)

Following my recent post featuring Irish landscapes, here I am with more photographs from the beautiful Ireland: this instalment features some of the megalithic remains that are present in such high numbers all over the island. As always, I am posting just a few images here; you can find many more photographs, some "behind the scenes" information and the rest of the story on my blog.

Tech stuff: all photographs have been shot with the D800E and the 24, 35 & 50 f1.4 AF-S, on a Gitzo tripod equipped with the Arca Swiss Cube. Various Singh-Ray filters have been used as well (warming polarizer & Grad ND) and a SB-910 Speedlight was used at times as well. RAW files were developed in Capture NX2 and finished off in PS CS6.

Again, there are much more pictures & the rest of the story here on my blog. Thank you for viewing! Best,

Vieri

Last edited:

hsteeves

these images are beautiful and I too particularly like Tranquility, Ireland on your blog. The new blog posting on dolmen and their friends is just as stunning. Love your photos.

vieri

Ireland historical Christian remains

So here it comes, the third instalment out of the Irish photographs portfolio; this one is dedicated to early Christian remains, of which Ireland is very rich: abbeys, churches, High Crosses and so on - located on more or less remote locations - are very beautiful and photogenic. Here some pictures, a lot more as always on my blog.

Tech stuff: all photographs have been shot with the D800E and the 24, 35, 50 & 85 f1.4 AF-S plus the 70-300 VR, on a Gitzo tripod equipped with the Arca Swiss Cube. Various Singh-Ray filters have been used as well (warming polarizer & Grad ND) and a SB-910 Speedlight was used at times as well. RAW files were developed in Capture NX2 and finished off in PS CS6.

Thank you very much for viewing, and don't forget to check out my blog for more!

Best,

Vieri

Swissblad

Re: Ireland historical Christian remains

Very nice work, Vieri - looks like you need a waterproof for your gear a lot of the time:)

Surprised that you use the Nikkor 70-300mm, maybe I just had a dud copy.

hsteeves

Vieri, you have to stop showing images like this. First, they look great. Second, I have to get to Ireland.

vieri

these images are beautiful and I too particularly like Tranquility, Ireland on your blog. The new blog posting on dolmen and their friends is just as stunning. Love your photos.
Thank you very much hsteeves, I am glad you are enjoying the Irish series... and there is more to come! :D

vieri

Very nice work, Vieri - looks like you need a waterproof for your gear a lot of the time:)

Surprised that you use the Nikkor 70-300mm, maybe I just had a dud copy.
Thank you Swissblad :D Yes indeed, you need some serious water-proofness to go around Ireland unscathed - I was quite confident the Nikon gear would do fine, but took a lot of precautions anyway. About the 70-300, I gave it a try but I actually sold it after the trip - it definitely is not good enough for the 36Mp sensor of the D800E...

Vieri, you have to stop showing images like this. First, they look great. Second, I have to get to Ireland.
Hey again! Thanks again for your comment, very much appreciated :D I am afraid I cannot grant you what you ask though, there will soon be some more Irish pictures coming up... :rolleyes: