The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Last Shuttle...

petetsai

I had the opportunity to go with a friend of mine and help him document the last shuttle move for the Smithsonian.

Here are a few of my favorites, there are more on Flickr for those interested.
First real time shooting the D800e.

Enjoy!

The Last Shuttle Move - Atlantis comes home. by PeteTsai, on Flickr

tashley

Subscriber Member
Crikey, what a gig - it looks as if you got on top of the D800 with impressive speed!

D&A

Spectacular Images and documented extremely well! Thank you for sharing these.

Dave (D&A)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The Last Shuttle ...

Whoa, they look fabulous, Pete.

What do you think about the D800E, it's my impression you have access to quite a lot of other recent cameras as well ?

petetsai

Thanks everyone. So far I'm impressed with the detail that this sensor is able to hold even at the high er ISO's. I didn't really have time to compare it to the A99/D600 sensor yet but I can tell it is a generation gap from the previous high end old guard d3/d700 sensor. Its actually taking me a bit to get used to all the little functional changes buttonwise, I've been using Nikon bodies that have been very similar for so long that this one throws me for a loop on something simple like the bracketing switch. The slower framerate is also an adjustment, particularly for times when I'm trying to shoot a burst to get one tack sharp in a low light/longer exposure handheld situation. Overall however I'm quite pleased with it.