The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 1 price slash

Swissblad

Just saw that the Nikon V1 is now being sold for $299.-
That must be the best price for a mirrorless set.
Early adopters (or fools - of which I am one) must be really chuffed :(
That said, I wanted it mainly for digiscoping....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nikon has no choice. The V2 is out and it's so much better that it leaves the V1 stone dead if it's not sold for a very low price. They have to clear their stock somehow, and if they don't do it fast enough, they might as well send them for recycling.

My camera dealer tells me that even at the brutally reduced price, he has problems getting rid of them. I've been tempted, but have to many camera systems already (just bought another Panasonic GH1 for $300 and a GH2 for 600). I've found that by being a generation or two behind on camera bodies, I save 50-90% on the price. The image quality is still the same as for those who paid the full price at launch :D

Swissblad

My main take is they should have been more judicious with the price at time of release.

I feel a right prune for being suckered.

My next system will be the Fuji XE-1 to complement my X100.