The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D90 Thread

clay stewart

Clay,
I like the last one a lot. The first one is a bit too dark for my taste.

I've just spent another weekend with my D80 and a couple of lenses, and found that I like it so much that I consider buying the D90 as well. Compact size, even with the grip, and lots of performance for a reasonable price. My only gripes are some ergonomic disadvantages compared to D300 and S5 (particularly AF modes), and obviously the fact that it doesn't meter with AIS lenses.
Thanks Jorgen. Yeah, it would be nice if Nikon made a fully functional body the size of the D90 or even smaller. Even though I owned a F2 and F3 in the film days, my favorite body was the FM2.

clay stewart

Maybe I should just let this tread die, since I'm apparently the only one who bought a D90 amidst a sea of G1s, A900s, D3s, D3Xs etc........ Naw, not just yet. Both with the 20 2.8 .

Last edited:

clay stewart

I have this friend, that has a lot of static electricity in his house, so I decided to see if there was enough to light a light bulb, while simply standing on the carpet. Just as I suspected the bulb lit right up.
Nikon D90, 35 2.0

Last edited:

clay stewart

D90 ISO 6400 50 [email protected]. I thought I would share this. A friend and I were comparing the D300 and D90 high ISO's today and I think the D90 won at 6400, but maybe the D300 was better at 3200. Nothing scientifically conclusive, just some personal impressions. This is converted to jpeg in ACR, resized, with nothing else done.

Last edited:

HansenTsang

I actually traded in my D300 to get my D90 after I bought the D700. I couldn't see myself lugging around two fairly heavy camera all the time. So i sacrifice a little on features and went the lighter route. So far I really like the D90. It is just the correct size for my hand and the image quality is as good as the D300.

The metering situation with the AIS lens is a bit of a pain since I do like my manual focus lens. However I have enough newer Nikkon AF-D and AF-S lenses that it is not a real problem. Besides I only carry three primes with this camera anyway to keep the weight down.

Last edited: