The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone here choose V1 over G3

VINCET

Wondering if anyone here decided to go with a Nikon V1 vs the Lumix G3. Did you actually used both and decided to go with the Nikon? If so, why? Also interested to hear why go the other way.

Thanks
Vince

Swissblad

Use of the FT-1 adapter permits use of current AFS Nikkor lenses with AF function.
The 70-200mm suddenly becomes a very interesting birding lens!

VINCET

I finally got this and so far, not too happy with it. The lens I got is the 2 kit lens 10-30, 30-100. The picture quality is just not as good as my old Lumix G1. Not sure if it is the lens or just my skill. I do like the idea of the FT-1. Can't believe how expensive it is. Would be nice to use that with my 85mm f1.4g

VINCET

Well, just got myself a 10mm and also the FT-1 for the V1. I can't wait to try this out with my 85mm f1.4G and the 100 ZF.2 MP.

T

TriShooter

The Nikon V1 with the FT-1 adds substantial reach, and takes excellent pictures, but it takes practice to get the most out of the camera.

Below is a link to a goose Feeding on Pond with Nikon 1 / V1 / Ft-1 / Nkon 300mm F4 / 300.0 mm (in 35mm: 810.0 mm) at half size. Their is also a 2x blow up the original but this link will load faster and shows the quality of the V1 with this lens combination.

All sizes | 113747-DSC_9569FF_2X Enlargement | Flickr - Photo Sharing!