The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hartblei MC Arsat 2.8/35mm TS for Nikon

etrigan63

Does anyone have any experience with these lenses? I am looking for a TS lens for my architecture work and since the Super Rotators are no longer available (Thanks Phase!) I was told that this model is for $595. That is a tempting price as the PC-Nikkor 45mm is over $1300. Your thoughts please...

etrigan63

Well, divine providence (and a new user) have smiled upon me and I am in the process of acquiring a Hartblei Super Rotator 45mm for Nikon. Have to sell my Mamiya to pay for it.

carstenw

Did you pick up Jack's copy? I picked up Chuck's, so they are all out on that side of the ocean :D

etrigan63

Actually I am picking up one from new member John who has only fired 100 shots through his and is a Super Rotator.

T

terabell

Does anyone else have one for sale? I have been on the lookout.

etrigan63

It has arrived! The post man came by this morning and dropped it off safe and sound. The lens is in fantastic shape and the only nit I can pick about it is that the lens hood is a little stiff going on. Now I have to pick up an 82mm UV/Haze filter to protect tthe front.

Here is a mugshot:

And here is a test stitch image (7 shots):

Full sized image here.

This is my first non-CPU lens so I am still getting the hang of it on my D300. Still it looks to be a very good copy and the images sharpen up nicely.

etrigan63

I got a chance to try out the perspective correction on a couple of short buildings today. I am planning on heading to downtown Miami where the really tall buildings hide.

M

marknorton

Carlos, do you find 45mm on a DX camera wide enough for your architectural work? I've previously used a Nikon 85mm T/S lens and it's much too long...

etrigan63

I've gotten decent test stitch panos with this lens on my D300. I have a D700 arriving next week and will test on that body as well.