The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Live View on D800 and Macbook Air 13" 2012

phero66

Has anyone tried live view with a D800 and current or last years model Macbook Air 13? I'm looking to replace my 15" MBP 2011 model but need live view to work without any issues through either Nikon Capture 2 -or- Phase Ones Capture Pro 7.

Also, how does it handle 36mp preview renders? I don't plan to make it my editing system, but do need something on location shoots that is responsive enough for captures and previews.

Thanks,

-John

phero66

Well I took the plunge and purchased a used (but minty) late 2012 13" MBA with 8gigs Ram & the 256 SSD option. Even with the 1.8ghz i5 processor it is a bit faster in both D800 preview renders and exporting files than my late 2010 MBP 15" (without SSD). Other than the glossy screen I love this little guy. I was unsure how it would handle tethering with the D800 and 36mp files but so far its great. Tethering from C1 7 with Live-View is working well. Only thing I will miss about the MBP is the high-res Matte screen, oh well.